Orchard Recovery Center, a small, private drug and alcohol rehab center on Bowen
Island is looking for a Permanent RN to join our health care team .
- Working in our residential setting as a member of a multidisciplinary care team, you will provide intake, nursing and clinical assessments, consultations for clients experiencing alcohol and/or drug use problems and their care givers/families.
A. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate of a recognized School of Nursing. Current practicing registration with the
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or College of Registered
Psychiatric Nurses Association of British Columbia (CRPNABC). Two (2) years recent related experience. A significant understanding of mental health and/or alcohol and drug use issues. Knowledge of mental health and/or alcohol and drug use assessments,
Vtreatment methodologies, intervention strategies, the change process, and community
I dynamics; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC
HDriver's License, approved Criminal Record check.
. B. SKILLS AND ABILITIES c Apply nursing process as required and described in CRNBC's/CRPNABC's "Standards a of Nursing Practice"
- Demonstrate clinical competence congruent with the care and treatment of mental
H illness; o Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding position
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing m
- Deal with others effectively e
- Sound organizational, problem solving and teaching skills
- Sound judgment, good observation and client assessment skills, tact and empathy
- Work independently, demonstrating initiative, with limited supervision
- Work cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Promote positive change and independence
- Prioritize and organize client demands made and care needs
- Physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position
- Operate a personal computer with a variety of windows based software
- Foster good public relations
- Operate related equipment
- Maintain a commitment to continued professional development as required by the employer
- Care for clients experiencing acute physical detox symptoms/mental distress as part of the medical team.
- Build relationships with clients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns and to discuss the best way to plan and deliver their care.
- Ensure the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitor the
results of treatment.
- Respond to distressed clients in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of distress. Apply 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Ensure that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of clients are observed.
- Assess capacity and obtain informed consent and, where clients lack capacity to consent, have the ability to work within a legal and ethical framework.
- Promote a 'recovery' based approach to care.
- Maintain appropriately detailed records to monitor the progress of clients’ treatments
- Maintain the client profile on internal Data system
- Produce MAR sheets
- Transpose doctor’s orders into medical profile
- Liaise with Physicians, Pharmacists and other health care professionals
- Create appointment lists
HOURS OF WORK The days/hours of work are as follows:
- Weeks One and Three :Monday to Thursday 8:15am - 4:15
- Weeks Two and Four :Monday to Wednesday 8:15am - 4:15
- Enrollment in Company Extended Health care package
- Delicious, nutritious Lunches
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Commuting costs reimbursed
- Yearly Training allowance
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $42.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bowen Island, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person