Since 1992, Parkland Manufacturing Ltd. has delivered the highest quality custom steel fabrications to customers in a broad range of industry sectors. It has 27,000 sq. ft. of steel fabrication facilities in Esterhazy, SK, on seven acres of land. We want to grow with our needs.
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for assembling pieces of metal or repairing damaged components. It is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, as well as “check-in’s “and overtime as needed or required. This position is situated in Esterhazy, SK.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments
- Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments using weld processes such as GMAW and SMAW
- Square up and weld components in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product
- Examine finished products to ensure the specifications are met
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Adheres to all safety protocols in the company
- Previous welding experience
- CWB and Journeyman tickets are a valuable asset
- Knowledge of welders’ materials, methods, tools and equipment
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 kg
- Ability to work well with other team members and keep them motivated in a safe manner
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with qualifications who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Parkland Manufacturing follows all government and occupational health and safety guidelines.
- welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Canadian Class 5 Drivers licence (required)