Guru Studio is a creative-driven entertainment company and an industry leader in animated storytelling. For over twenty years, our studio has brought to life some of the most recognizable and beloved children’s properties in the world.
We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
Guru is proud to offer our team members meaningful learning and developmental opportunities! You will work alongside a wide range of talent in a positive and supportive environment where we want to see success in each individual.
We're looking for a talented People & Talent Coordinator - come join our team!
- Being the first point of contact to support and serve employees on People and Culture issues and activities including managing the internal P&C email and responding to employee requests and questions
- Maintaining employee information in our HRIS (Bamboo HR) and ensuring data is accurate and up to date i.e. salary, sick days, vacation days, reporting structure etc.
- Organizing and leading the company onboarding process by hosting new hire orientation, tracking the completion of all required documentation
- and communication of new hire announcements
- Ensuring new employees complete the required training under the Health and Safety Act & AODA training
- Ensuring employee files are up to date and new paperwork is being filed regularly and in compliance with legislative requirements and internal Guru procedures
- Supporting the contract process by tracking all employee agreements and communicating with internal stakeholders on action items and outstanding deliverables and providing support on amendments as required
- Administering employee benefits including enrollment, changes, termination and answering any employee benefits related questions
- Managing the off-boarding process by updating HRIS, payroll and benefits and overseeing the exit interview process by sending the survey, capturing the feedback and highlighting any trends
- Conducting exit interviews for resignations and escalating any trends and/or concerns through quarterly Exit Dashboard analysis
- Providing ongoing support with internal People and Culture activities such as administering residency documentation, tracking spreadsheets, providing letters of employment, letters for immigration purposes etc.
- Being a member of Guru’s Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC), Social Committee, Guru Gives and providing behind the scenes leadership for social events and activities
- Participating in various HR projects and initiatives as required
- Other duties as required
- Assist driving and managing all recruitment efforts and processes
- Assist conducting full cycle recruitment for all studio positions (artist, production, corporate and management roles)
- Work closely with and support Head of Talent Acquisition to load balance open roles
- Analyze resumes, demo reels and portfolios for superior skill and send vetted applications to the Head of Talent Acquisition so, once mutually vetted, it can be shared with designated Hiring Managers for review
- Schedule and conduct pre-screening interviews for open positions, and ensure applicants receive an exceptional Guru experience
- Schedule interviews of vetted and pre-screened candidates with Hiring Managers
- Communicate and liaise with Hiring Managers and applicants from point of application to employment
- Send candidate offer letters
- Notify appropriate internal staff of any new acceptances/hires across all departments
- Create new hire tickets for incoming Corporate staff when necessary
- Ensure to maintain updated the candidate database with active and passive applicants in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) - BambooHR and within the company’s internal system
- Maintain the importance of diversity and inclusion during the recruitment process, and work with the Head of Talent Acquisition and VP of People & Culture for improvements
- Review and update current job descriptions, making recommendations for improvements to attract qualified candidates
- Support Head of Talent Acquisition with school visits / tours / Guru open house as applicable in a remote or in-person work environment
- Along with Head of Talent Acquisition, act as Guru ambassador at campus, industry events & fairs, attend with knowledge of Guru's upcoming hiring needs (remote and in-person events)
- Track incoming referrals, and work with People & Culture and Talent Acquisition to manage studio referral process
- Assist Head of Talent Acquisition in other talent acquisition duties as required
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets) and HR tools (HRIS, ATS, LinkedIn Talent Solutions, scheduling/time tracking)
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion, by maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to work within a quickly changing, high pressure environment and with a great deal of ambiguity
- Although we are a flexible remote first work environment, this role is sometimes in person and must be located in Toronto, ON
- Previous HR experience in the animation industry considered an asset
Why Join Guru?
- We create a collaborative and creatively fulfilling work environment by promoting courage, purpose, inspiration, integrity, transparency, and empowerment as our core values
- We take great pride in our work and we always ensure it reflects a high standard of quality and creativity
- We encourage individuals to grow with us by offering learning opportunities that encourage skill development and growth
- We are proud to support philanthropic initiatives that support our local and global community through our charity committee Guru Gives
- We offer health and wellness support through an extensive benefits plan and extended mental health services and initiatives
- We allow the flexibility to work remotely while making our downtown studio available for in-person team building and collaboration
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this is a Remote position