Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $30.87 - $44.37 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of over nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We hire great people for great jobs. We are looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to our VP, Integrated Commercial Services & CFO as well as the VP, Strategic Capital Investments & Facilities. We need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. Your effective communication skills will assist you when connecting with external and internal clients as the primary point of contact for inquiries.
Bring your resourcefulness and effective organization skills to a role where you can really make a difference! As an Executive Administrative Assistant you will provide support working in a team environment and where required work direction to the Executive Management Committee. This position is a relief, full-time available from November 20th, 2023 until August 26th, 2024 or return of incumbent.
Your specific duties will include:
Providing confidential administrative support to the Vice Presidents
Developing and implementing processes, procedures and supports required; identifying issues and developing recommendations for administrative processes
Reviewing emails, corresponding and reporting, responding to or preparing overviews such as Briefing Documents or summary/status reports for review by the Vice Presidents
Forwarding emails, correspondence or enquiries to appropriate individuals. Maintaining follow-up for status of action
Drafting correspondence for signature by Vice Presidents, or replying directly to inquiries on administrative or routine issues.
Creating presentation material for review by Vice Presidents
Assessing priorities and committing Vice Presidents for attendance at meetings and other venues.
Preparing meeting agendas, minutes and maintaining follow-up on action and bringing forward items. Attending meetings as required. Arranging meetings and venues
Reviewing, processing and monitoring expenditures and operating budgets. Summarizing information and preparing status reports
We are looking for a bright, pleasant person with an eye for detail. You are able to juggle numerous tasks in a busy environment and conduct business in a professional manner. You like helping people and you display excellent communication skills.
You will take a meticulous, hands-on approach to deliver high quality and precise work. A focused approach is needed, to complete routine day to day tasks, and handle changing calendars, priorities, and timelines. You will carry a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
Graduation from a recognized administrative or secretarial program
5 to 7 years' recent related experience in a large complex business environment or health care environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
This temporary, full-time position is available until August 2024 or return of incumbent that is based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC, with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Provides confidential administrative support to one or more Vice President(s). Provides an administrative link between the Vice President(s) between Fraser Health and the public.
Provides a full range of administrative support through the preparation of documents and presentation materials. Screens and responds to inquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Vice President(s). Ascertains priorities and arranges and commits time for meetings and other events
Works within a team environment providing support and, where required, work direction to others.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Vice President(s) ensuring discretion and confidentiality maintained.
- Coordinates administrative support through participation on the support team and by providing work direction as required.
- Develops and implements processes, procedures and supports required; identifies issues and develops recommendations for administrative processes.
- Reviews emails, correspondence and reports, responds to or prepares overviews such as Briefing Documents or summary/status reports for review by the Vice President(s).
- Forwards emails, correspondence or enquiries to appropriate individuals. Maintains follow-up for status of action.
- Drafts correspondence for signature by Vice President, or replies directly to inquiries on administrative or routine issues.
- Creates presentation material for review by Vice President.
- Assess, priorities and commits Vice President for attendance at meetings and other venues.
- Prepares meeting agendas, minutes and maintain follow-up on action and bring forward items. Attends meetings as required. Arranges meetings and venues as required.
- Maintains databases and registers, updates manuals.
- Establishes record management processes, sets up and maintains filing systems. Conducts searches and researches information for reports or requests from Vice President.
- Reviews, processes and monitors expenditures and operating budgets. Summarizes information and prepares status reports.
- Assists with support functions that include Executive Secretarial and Reception functions.
- Provides work direction and support to Executive Support Team.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Successful completion of Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized administrative assistant or secretarial program and five (5) to seven (7) years recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Ability to type 60 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and apply a variety of software applications.