Senior Business Development Manager
- Generates high number of leads through cold calling and personal referrals.
- Build and maintain and extensive network or external contacts that will provide for ongoing new business development opportunities.
- Regular prospecting by maintaining a minimum expected level of weekly client presentations and/or visits.
- Strategically conduct appropriate needs analysis and design a customized transportation solution for potential Customers.
- Present solutions to Directors to gain approval.
- Keep prospective client database updated.
- Regular interaction, maintenance and updates of available sales aid tools (Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator),
- Maintain knowledge of all service offerings of Rig Logistics Inc
- Arrange and attend meetings with prospective clients
- Research and identify new market opportunities
- Always puts priority on Customer needs and engages in a consultative selling style.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in complex deals.
- Negotiate rate and service agreements in accordance with pricing and corporate guidelines.
- Actively participate in sales and strategy meetings.
- Schedule Customer follow-up on opportunities regardless of won/lost.
- Adhere to company SOP for on-boarding new clients.
- Focus and accountability on company defined Sales targets/budgets for applicable fiscal periods.
- Coordinate and respond to client RFP's while adhering to timelines.
- Account Management and Development
- Maintain long-term client relationships.
- Train and inform customer of company systems and policies, and when necessary act upon customer complaints and concerns.
- Create solid long-term business relations, new ideas and new sales leads.
- Know industry trends and issues in order to effectively communicate with existing and potential clients.
- Ability to effectively utilize, understand, and coordinate various internal company resources to obtain successful customer support.
- Readily handles contract renewals and price adjustments.
- Follow company SOP's for acquisition of customers, submissions and tenders, etc.
- Align with company provided SOP on QBR (Quarterly Business Reviews) cadence with applicable clients.
- Prepare Powerpoint presentations.
- Budgetary Responsibilities
- BDM will work with Directors on individual sales budget / targets that focus on projected business growth (new & existing, projected business loss/decline, return/margin growth business) and that align with Corporate growth goals - to be approved by Director of Sales.
- Develop and present quotes and proposals for new business opportunities.
- Responsible for reporting of corporate expenses incurred.
- Support Company Culture and Rig's Core Principles - LEAD WITH GRACELeadership, Empowerment, Appreciation, Diversity, Work Ethic, Integrity, Trust, Honesty, Growth, Respect, Agility, Creativity, Excellence
Main Requirements And Competencies
- Minimum 3 years experience in a related job in Transportation, Distribution and/or Logistics Sales.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma (preferred).
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with strong Negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to open doors at Senior Levels and build relationships with key Decision makers.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self motivation, persistence and determination.
- Advanced proficiency in Office administration talks including MS based software, Salesforce.com and LinkedIn lead generation tool.
- Valid Driver's Licence and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel efficiently quarterly as required within Canada and the US.
- 8-12 month business cycle
- Confidence in customer facing interaction.
- 50% on the road, 50% office with some travels in Canada and the US for short period of time.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON M8Z 4Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Business development: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON M8Z 4Y1