Knowledgehook is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. We are preparing the next generation of learners to create an incredible future. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are creating a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with solutions that break new ground. To help our company move to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Human Resources Assistant.
In this role you will support the Human Resources Department with full cycle recruitment activities. You will leverage ADP Workforce Now for employee vacation tracking, recruiting activities, and reporting. You will also be involved in various projects and initiatives within the department. As the Human Resources Assistant, you play a vital role in transforming our HR function into a proactive, cross functional, and service oriented team.
What you will be doing
- Talent Sourcing and Onboarding: Proactively source candidates to ensure a robust talent pipeline for our growing organization. Enhance the onboarding process to integrate new hires seamlessly.
- Efficient HRIS Administration: Efficiently manage our HRIS, ensuring accurate employee records and streamlined vacation management, aligning with the organization's growth trajectory.
- Employee Engagement Activities: Collaborate with the HR Coordinator to execute town halls, lunch and learns, and other engagement initiatives, fostering a positive and connected workplace culture.
- Proactive Policy Implementation: Assist in implementing updated policies that reflect legal compliance, inclusivity, and a supportive work environment.
- HR Initiatives Support: Assist the HR team in maintaining employee data, coordinating background checks, preparing employment agreements, benefits administration and other key initiatives that contribute to a proactive HR function.
- Research and Learning: Conduct research to support HR projects, staying informed about best practices, trends, and legal updates.
What you need to succeed
- 2-4 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience supporting recruiting activities such as sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Experience with using HRIS systems (experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset)
- Proficient in MS Office programs and Google Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A keen work ethic and strong organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with deadlines
- CHRP is an asset
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a transformational organization! The Ed-Tech industry has a direct impact on the education system, empowering students and families with innovative tools and resources to enhance learning outcomes. As an Ed-Tech company, we are revolutionizing the way children learn math and tackling math phobia.
- Join a winning team! This is a unique opportunity to be part of a thriving team and develop your skills and knowledge. While the journey may be challenging, it will also be immensely rewarding.
- Join a welcoming and supportive community! Our team is a tight-knit group of individuals who share a common passion for our work, and we collaborate closely to achieve our objectives, creating an intimate and caring community.
- Competitive Total rewards! Our Total Rewards package aligns with industry standards:
- We offer a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 100% of premiums paid by the company.
- We have a generous paid time off program that includes both vacation and personal days.
- We embrace a remote-friendly work environment.
Knowledgehook, a leading educational technology company, empowers over 450,000 teachers and parents to collaboratively support the mathematics learning journey of over 5 million students worldwide. Winner of Google’s Game Changer Award and named Top Disruptor by BNN, its platform analyzes student understanding through engaging assessments, providing real-time personalized solutions to close learning gaps between classroom teaching and at-home learning. Designed by leading numeracy and research experts, Knowledgehook’s Instructional Guidance System is known for reinventing how online technology supports education and educators, while developing students into problem solvers of tomorrow by giving them a love of learning, today.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? If so, please send your resume.
As part of the recruitment process we require references, and Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC).
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Human resources: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5J 1E3