Our company is looking for a full-time permanent sales manager to help build an optical products wholesale business to sell to optical stores, opticians, and optometrists across Canada. The ideal candidate has relevant education credentials and possesses several (8-10 years or more) experience in the optical industry retail and/or wholesale market(s).
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of S’Pairs Optical wholesale and retail sales.
- Create an online platform to sell optical products to opticians and optometrists.
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies.
- Source and negotiate with vendors when necessary to procure merchandise for resale.
- Monitor and order eyewear, contact lenses, and other optical products.
- Ensure proper stock levels and manage supplier relationships.
- Hire, train, and supervise staff, including optometrists, opticians, receptionists, and technicians.
- Manage staff and assign duties.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of optometric equipment and software systems.
- Plan budgets, authorize expenditures, and monitor revenues.
- Oversee billing procedures, insurance claims, and financial transactions, as well as managing patient accounts.
- Evaluate and improve customer service and respond to customer requests and issues.
- Address staffing requirements, including the hiring, development and retention of staff.
- Participate in local community events or initiatives to promote the optometry practice.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and advancements in optometry.
- Address operational challenges and find efficient solutions to improve practice performance.
- Provide regular reports to the practice owner or higher management on key performance metrics and goals.
- Collaborate with optometrists and other staff to ensure a cohesive and efficient practice.
- Ensure the practice adheres to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Manage patient records, electronic health records (EHR), and other documentation in accordance with privacy laws.
- Education background in a related field.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in optical industry sales & wholesale markets or in optical fashion retail/other product sales in optical industry.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English.
- Good working knowledge of industry dynamics and trends required combined with strong knowledge in optical frames & ophthalmic lens industry.
- Able to quickly build confidence and relationships with customers.
- Independent, creative and innovative thinker who thrives on selling in a consultative selling environment.
- Strong presenter who has the ability to express ideas that build commitment and trust.
- Practice Development experience.
- Strong knowledge in diagnostic tests.
- Advanced optic skills.
- Task oriented with a strong focus on details and results.
- Customer satisfaction oriented, and a collaborative team player.
- Computer literacy in MSOffice and experience with a computerized sales administration system.
- Strong sense of business acumen with proven analytical ability, organizational and negotiating skills.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $26.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person