The O’Neill Automotive Group is looking for an experienced, career minded Assistant Sales Manager at our flagship Nissan dealership in Mount Pearl. The candidate will have a record of accomplishment of leading and building a team to deliver ongoing excellence in sales and customer service.
As an Assistant Sales Manager in the dealership, you will assist the sales department in all areas including but not limited to:
- Enthusiastically leveraging your automotive experience to motivate, organize, coach, and direct a team of sales, customer service and finance professionals.
- Creating and implementing innovative marketing strategies for continued growth.
- Assisting individual sales consultants in setting assertive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provide them with the support to meet these goals.
- Ensuring proper follow-up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting and sales control systems.
- Assisting in Inventory Management.
- Conducting weekly sales and sales training meetings.
- Assists in training, motivating, counseling, and monitoring the performance of all new- and used-vehicle sales personnel.
- Assists in directing and scheduling the activities of all department employees, ensuring proper staffing always.
- Assists in developing the sales department budget and minimizing expenses.
- Assists in forecasting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives for the department and for individual salespeople and provides them with the support to meet these goals.
- Assists in the development of improvement programs for salespeople who are having difficulty reaching their objectives.
- Ensures that dealership policies and procedures are understood and followed by salespeople.
- Helps the sales manager maintain a balanced inventory based on customer and market statistics.
- Assists salespeople in closing deals when necessary.
- Shares responsibility with the sales manager for planning and leading sales meetings.
- Attends managers meetings as requested and other tasks as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Three (3) years of professional experience within the automotive industry, or two (2+) years of sales management experience.
- The ability to quickly establish productive working relationships within the organization.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and is a driven problem solver with attention to detail.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, clean drivers abstract and code of conduct.
Why O’Neill Auto Group?
This is an exciting opportunity to maximize career potential and grow within a large organization. We sincerely thank our applicants interested in this opportunity and wish to advise that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. O’Neill Auto Group will fill positions by drawing from internal candidates possessing the desired qualifications and promoting from within, where possible. Hiring and promotion of all candidates is based on skills, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We offer a competitive income and benefits package:
- Group Insurance Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability and more!).
- Group Pension Plan.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Company Discounts.
- Professional Growth Opportunities.
O’Neill Auto Group’s approach to diversity is simple: it is all about embracing everyone. We are a people-driven culture where everyone can bring their best selves to work while adopting diversity and inclusion initiatives that support all, OAG takes pride in building a more equitable workplace and community.
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to peo[email protected] and we would be happy to help!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- sales: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person