Reefer Sales Manager
SM Freight is a Reefer transportation company providing freight transportation services across Canada and the USA. We are a division of Laidlaw Carriers Van and part of TFI International, a North American leader in the transportation and logistics industry.
TFI and Laidlaw Carriers are consistently growing through strategic acquisitions, providing endless opportunities for career growth and development within the company.
Under minimal supervision, the Reefer Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing customers and securing new customers to generate sales for our Reefer business. The position will report to the VP Sales. The ideal candidate would have a solid track record of Reefer transportation sales and brokerage, with an established customer base in the industry, and an ambitious self-starter who can actively seek and obtain new clients in the market.
· Communicate with existing customers to maintain relationships and high levels of customer service.
· Manage and develop new client relationships.
· Develop effective ways to transport customers’ freight to satisfy their needs.
· Manage the sales and quotation process while maintaining close contact with the Management team and focusing on the profitability of lanes.
· Prospect new clients throughout cold calls.
· Develop a pipeline with potential clients.
· Develop and present proposals to clients.
· Minimum 5 Years Transportation (Reefer and Van) sales experience
· An established book of business within the reefer freight industry
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Ability to build long lasting and meaningful relationships with clients.
· Consistently achieving monthly targets.
· Experience with AS400 is an asset.
· An educational background in Business, Commerce, or Marketing is considered an asset.
· Extended Health Care
· Dental Care
· RRSP match
· Life insurance
· Phone provided
· Monday to Friday
· 8 hours shift
· Traveling may be required
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blenheim, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Transportation sales: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person