Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: the activity of the Regional Sales Manager is to execute sales strategies and develop tactics and actions for assigned accounts to achieve sales and profit objectives in a technical environment. Cultivate relationships with our current customer base and develop new relationships with new customers for the specific goal of business development and consistently growing annual sales in the North American market. Create added value for the customer and Polycorp by ensuring a deep understanding of the customer’s applications. Keep a focus on the market drivers and emerging technologies. Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape by geography and industry segment with a pursuit strategy to defend our position. Effectively communicates and collaborates with other account managers and corporate management regarding customer dynamics, performance and sales opportunities.
- Manage and direct sales activities in the division via respective Account Managers and Customer Service Representative.
- With Division Management, develop sales and expense budgets and actions to meet them.
- With Division Management, plan trade show and other marketing activities to support sales targets.
- Develop and manage all aspects of customer relationships for assigned accounts.
- Proactively identify current and future customer needs and present these to functional departments at Polycorp.
- Provide a rapid response to field issues and communicate these to relevant internal groups.
- Assist in directing Technical department activities to help meet long term goals for sales growth.
- Consolidate and prepare sales analysis and forecasts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Willing to travel extensively in North America and Internationally (+60%).
SKILLS REQUIRED – COMPUTER PROGRAMS OR OTHER SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years experience selling in a business to business environment
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a sales force
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to self-manage time and activity for optimum results
- Proficient in use of MS Office
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Post secondary education in chemistry or engineering or equivalent experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLES – PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience in the rubber industry