- Install, repair and maintain electrical distribution and transmission systems.
- Erect and maintain wood and steel, poles, towers and guy wires.
- Splice, solder, insulate and terminate conductors and wiring,
- Inspect and test power lines cables and apparatus.
- Install and maintain street lighting systems.
- Perform line maintenance in a safe and efficient manner utilizing deenergized and live line techniques.
- Read and interpret blue prints and standards.
- Safely operate radial arm diggers, bucket trucks and other related industry equipment.
- Adhere to and be a leader in industry safety.
- Knowledge of line trade safety regulations, rules, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance and operation procedures.
- Strong communication skills and leadership in a team environment.
- Ability to climb poles and towers, work at heights and work in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
Education & Training:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent from other jurisdictions.
- Red Seal Certification OR M License
- Certified Journeyman Power line Technician
- Class 1 Driver’s License in an asset
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- powerline: 5 years (preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyman Technician Certificate (required)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person