Alamos Gold’s Island Gold is one of Canada’s highest grade and lowest cost gold mines. This underground operation is located just east of the town of Dubreuilville, 83 kilometres northeast of Wawa in Northern Ontario. Through ongoing exploration success, Island Gold’s Mineral Reserves and Resources have continued to grow in size and quality, and Alamos is now investing in a major expansion project which is expected to transform Island into one of the largest and most profitable mines in Canada with an 18-year mine life. This is a very exciting time at Island Gold, and we are searching for highly motivated and committed people to join our team!
If you are willing to be part of a team that is dedicated to growth, high performance and a culture of safety and accountability, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to Island Gold’s Shaft Area Project Controls Manager, the Project Controls Data Entry Clerk / Admin Assistant will be involved with the engineering, procurement and construction management of all activities associated with the Shaft and Shaft Area complex.
The Phase 3 Expansion of Island Gold to a production rate of 2,400 tpd from the current rate of approximately 1,200 tpd will involve various infrastructure investments. These include the development of a shaft and related facilities, paste backfill plant, water treatment facilities, and an expansion of the process plant and tailings facility. Following the completion of the shaft in 2025, the operation will transition from trucking to skipping ore and waste to surface through the new shaft infrastructure, driving production higher and unit costs significantly lower. The successful candidate will have applicable experience in some or all of the following areas: engineering, procurement, mining and construction. The Project Controls Data Entry Clerk / Admin Assistant will participate in various aspects of the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operational readiness, and handover of all facilities associated with the shaft area.
- Participate in various aspects of the Phase 3+ Expansion Shaft Area including but not limited to:
- Work with Project Controls Team to track and report on the project progress and contractor daily charges.
- Supporting range of project leaders in financial management of project.
- Compiling and updating complex Excel spreadsheets to support financial control of projects.
- Reconciling invoice data per existing contracts.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required.
- The individual should demonstrate a high level of energy, self motivation, and strong administrative skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- The incumbent will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, an ability to work remotely on occasion and a strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner.
- Proficiency in SAP, and Microsoft Office programs is required.
This position is based at the Island Gold site working on a rotation schedule to be determined, subject to change as the project requires. Flights may be available from the GTA, Sudbury and Rouyn- Noranda, QC.
Alamos Gold Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible environment for all third parties, and will provide accommodation where required, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”). The Company is committed to excellence in serving all third parties including people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the requirements under the Act in a timely fashion.