Excellent opportunity to work as a clinical consultant pharmacist for Advantage Care Pharmacy. We are looking for an experienced clinical consultant pharmacist for LTC homes in Elgin County.
- Provide LTC staff education on appropriate clinical topics
- Complete on site-drug destruction
- Complete medication management audits to improve medication management system
- Complete medication reviews
- Participate in clinical initiatives with the home team
- Liason between pharmacy operations and home levels
- Assist in maintaining and improving medication management system
- Build strong relationships with home team
- tasks as requested
- Licensed pharmacist in Ontario with at least 4 years experience
- Consultant pharmacist experience in retirement or LTC settings
- Strong knowledge of pharmacotherapy principles, drug interactions, and medication safety practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with healthcare teams
This is a rewarding role that requires a high level of clinical expertise and the ability to work in collobrative environment. The Clinical Pharmacist will play a vital role in ensuring safe and effective medication use for patients in the emergency department.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $55.00-$60.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elgin, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- pharmacist: 2 years (preferred)
- Pharmacy License in Ontario (required)
Work Location: In person